Translate

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Night #582 - Deleted Scenes and Answers to Some Questions

I want to thank +Aishah Jones for sharing this link with me, for that deleted scenes of Ahk in a headdress and a blue jacket and makeup with a tablet the size of a pizza box.

Click here for that.

Also listen for about 1:55, when Larry whispers to Nicky that "I don't think he's wearing any underwear." God, Larry, you're such a dog.

To Aishah specifically, since I can't seem to reply to your comments for some reason:

Thanks for thinking I'm so awesome. I appreciate that.

The family dynamic was a stand out point in SOTT for me, as well, perhaps because Ahk's father struck me as so god-awfully creepy. "I love my one son so much I will create a tablet that will circumvent death even though that's actually worse than death in our mythology because he'll never get judged and move on to paradise." OK then. If that's not the most creepy and narcissistic thing I've ever heard, then I'll just be over here.

Yes, I have seen the original script, or at least parts of it. It had more Ahkmen, which would've been super awesome if that made final cut because I really really wanted to see how the brothers would react if they were around each other (I'm writing an AU about that, actually; they haven't met yet, though, and there's other stuff involved like the apocalypse, but still). Plus he got to be a snarky little shit rather than a cookie cutter goodie two-shoes type. But thanks for noting that! :)

As I said, I think Ahk's dynamic with his family is generally pretty creeptastic. It gives me the impression that he was trapped with them for three thousand years, as opposed to his father's viewpoint that he and his precious favorite son would be together forever. (I get the feeling his mother would be more sensible and the "what's best for him" type, rather than the "what we want" type, but she's not pharaoh, so...) I'd give it five hundred to a thousand years in and he'd start chafing a little emotionally, praying to the gods to get him away from these weirdos.

Still, after being stuck with them for so long and then all of a sudden being discovered and parted from his family and changing hands so quickly from his perspective, no wonder he was screaming himself hoarse in the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment