Translate

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Night #84 - Blogger Commentary Part 5

So a few days ago, I learned this was a thing: Night at the Museum 2 Trailer. I found it in a quest for blog posts for last night, and like a good NATM fan, I was both psyched and shocked that I had no idea this thing existed, and it's already March 2014! Where the hell have I been? Some fan I am.

Anyway, this blog is of similar format to Night at the Museum 3 Trailer (where you may find a link to the real thing), and both are hosted by Teaser Trailer. It also does everything NATM 3 Trailer does and more: a clip (of Larry trying to stop the rocket launch), the trailer twice, sneak peek pics, a brief overview of the plot, posters in English and French, even an interview with the director. Like NATM 3 Trailer, this is designed to be a focused lens keeping the reader updated on BOTS, and it's in my understanding at this point that Teaser Trailer does the same thing for nearly every movie under the sun (as an aside, I wonder if they have one for Divergent or the Hunger Games, but that's neither here nor there). The threads I've been able to find so far are lead-up-style, guiding the reader effortlessly (or as effortlessly as possible) to the release of the movie in question, after which they are dropped.

This is a great way to prep for upcoming releases, so if you're ever so inclined, search Teaser Trailer for your favorite upcoming releases and see what they have to offer.

"Next on For the Love of Night at the Museum": Under the now-full realization that this blog is slowly morphing into an Egypt-themed magnum opus, I am plunging into another movie series. Stay tuned as I review the Mummy trilogy and, just as I did with Yu-Gi-Oh!, compare it to Night at the Museum on the three criteria: use of magic, use of Egyptian themes, and character journey.

Countdown: 288 Days to NATM 3

No comments:

Post a Comment